
I recently learned to knit and the lavender blanket and hat in this photo were the first items that I made for Molly.
When I was a little girl both of my grandmothers hand knit or sewed much of my wardrobe. I may not have fully appreciated the love that went into making those adorable clothes when I was a kid but now, when I look at the old photos and see myself in outfits made by one of my grandmothers, I remember them and how much I was loved.
With every blanket or dress that I make for Molly, my love for her grows, and I feel that much closer to her. I know she is without a Mommy to hold her right now but I am here and soon she will be wrapped in this lavender blanket and my love.
3 comments:
I know the time and love that goes into hand made things. Children don't always realize the effort put forth for them, but one day Molly will know how much you loved her and thought of her before she came into your lives. Everything looks so sweet and cozy. Your nest is ready, now all you need is Molly. Can't wait to hear the exciting news!
Marie,
Beautiful. I have a hand knit baby sweater my grandma made (she passed away many years ago. How precious the things you have made are. Really a treasure for your Molly to pas down from her mama!
Amy C
Your DTC Yahoo Group
Marie,
Molly is the luckiest girl in the world. Love makes everything possible. I know Ms. Molly will appreciate and treasure your art work. What a project and congratulations...you did it!
I love Molly's dress too...
hr
Post a Comment