For weeks now every time I leave the house I have been forwarding all calls from home to my cell just in case our adoption agency calls with news about Molly. I even have our agency's phone number set to play It's a Beautiful Day by U2 when they call my cell phone so I'll know it's them as soon as my phone rings.
I thought about setting call forwarding this morning before I set out on my morning walk with our dog, Maybel, but I thought I shouldn't set myself up for a let down if the phone doesn't ring. So Maybel and I took our walk as usual and then sat out front and soaked up some sun, watered the plants, enjoying a leisurely morning together, more so than usual. When we finally went inside and I saw two emails from our G115 board (yahoo board with other couples from our agency that will be traveling with us to China) with "1st call" in the subject line. I thought - it couldn't be . . . could it? Below those emails was an email that I had a new phone message, I didn't even look at the phone number of the missed call, just pressed play, and there was the message we have been waiting for, "This is Yasmine from U.S. Asian Affairs with your first call and tentative travel dates please call me." I guess that's the way, always when you're least expecting it!
You may be wondering what 1st call means. Well, we are in the matching room where they are choosing which precious little girl will be our Molly. We now start the process of getting our Visas to travel to China. Our 2nd call is expected within the next two weeks and that is when we will find out who Molly is and where she is from. We will get our exact departure date 10-14 days before we leave but they are estimating that we will leave for China beginning to mid May. If all goes well I will be holding Molly on Mother's Day!
1 comment:
Congrats to you both...yeah..the time finally here. Very very happy for u. Can't wait to see Molly..
by the way...that fortune cookie is a magic wish...
God bless
Post a Comment