Our little Molly may not be here in my arms to hold this Mother’s Day but I carry her in my heart. I’ve seen her pictures, I’ve learned bits and pieces of her beginnings and she is now mine. Mine to love, nurture and protect for the rest of my days. She will never be alone in this world again. I have been given the most wonderful gift and responsibility of Motherhood; I will cherish it and our daughter always.
I am so grateful on this Mother’s Day obviously for our little girl but also for the women who mothered me: My Mom and paternal Nana. Never did a moment pass that I did not know I was loved. I thank my mom today and lovingly remember my Nanny for loving me so well. They have given me the greatest gift of all; they have taught me how to love. It is this gift that gives me the confidence to take on my role of motherhood.
I can’t think about our little girl today without thinking of her birthmother. I wonder so many things about who she is and where she lives. Does she have other children or is she waiting for a son? How did she find the strength to wrap her little one in the pink cloth and leave her in the doorway of the market? Was it too hard to find the strength and did her husband take her baby from her? These and so many more questions I will never know the answers to. The one answer I do have is that she loved her daughter deeply and will always carry her in her heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment