Thursday, July 05, 2007

Last day



It is the night before our last day in China. It kind of sneaked up on us. It feels like forever and at the same time like we just got here. This will be be our last post on the trip, tomorrow will be a hectic day. We have to check out, do a farewell lunch, take our oath at the US consulate and then go to the airport for the 12 1/2 hour flight back to L.A.
We will update again once we are back and Molly is in her own space but there will be a lot of catching up to do with our lives that have been on hold for 2 weeks now. Thank you so much to everyone who has left comments. It has meant a lot to us and kept us connected with life back home. We are so glad that many waiting families have seen our journey and how amazing it will be. The hurt of the waiting truly does just disappear once you get here. A big hello to the Allens in Ohio. We can't quite get the webcam thing to work out so I hope the pictures and videos have been enough.
I sincerely hope to be able to edit all the footage I have shot together into a film that Molly can watch years from now so she can see what we went through the past 2 years. In the past 20-odd months or so I have shot about 17 hours of footage so I hope I have enough good stuff to make it interesting. We may not know a lot about her life in Dianbai before we came but she sure will know about what we went through!
We sent a big package today of clothes for the older kids and the special needs children at Dianbai (her orphanage) I encourage anyone who has been following this blog to seek out an organization called Half The Sky at www.halfthesky.org They do amazing work with Chinese orphanages. That way you don't have to come all the way to China to help. If you want to make a donation they can really use it. Say that Molly Xiaomei Beetner sent you!
Wa'an (goodnight) from China!

5 comments:

Marcia said...

I just wanted to thank you guys for sharing your lives with us. I really, really loved your blog. Molly is absolutely adorable and you all are very lucky to have found each other.

We adopted our daughter nearly 4 years ago @ 13 mos. old. Your journey brought back many memories and similarities. Enjoy every moment of your new lives at home — the time really will fly — our daughter starts kindergarten this fall!

And don't worry about the scratch on her nose in those photos. Nothing a little photoshop can't fix!

Hope to see you at some FCC events. And again, thanks.

Marcia
USAA group 77

Special K said...

I have checked in daily with your blog. And I must say that I totally love it. I'm a blogger and follow many...but you guys did an amazing job! It gave me a different perspective to see the conversations you actually had on camera and describing things that you were going through. I love the idea of documenting the trip that way. So much better to look back on and remember the feelings and emotions instead of just a bunch of video of the scenery. (which is still awesome..the scenery, I mean)

Congratulations again on your beautiful daughter. And thanks for reminding me of why I wait. I really do believe you, Marie... that all the sadness doesn't matter anymore. I'm waiting for that day! Have a safe trip home.

Krista
USAA Group 123
LID 6-14-06

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog and just loving it. Glenn and I so appreciate your willingness to share so much of yourselves and adorable Molly, the future oscar winner! I have actually shared your blog with my parents and brother and sister-in-law and you have not only helped us endure the wait and maintain hope but you have helped them as well. We hope to meet you all some day in LA when we are visiting my dad, stepmom, and bro's family.

Meanwhile, Molly has huge fans in SF and so do you guys!

Peace- Julie group 117

Hellen Raney said...

Thanks again for updating your blog everyday Eric and Marie. I love reading and seeing all the pictures and video of your cutie girl, she is blossoming each day.
Can't wait to meet Molly.
Have a safe flight back home.

Melissa Mommy Daddy

Intrepidgirl said...

You are the cutest family. In addition to a beautiful daughter, it's obvious you guys have an amazing marriage. Thanks for sharing your touching story!