Monday, October 08, 2007

Our girl is back!


As most of you know we had a few rough weeks around the Beetner home, with all of us taking our turn at being sick and Molly teething (she has 12 teeth now!). I felt as though Molly's nose would never stop running and that the teething would never end. I also wondered who came and switched my happy baby for a crabby one that all of a sudden was stingy with the smiles and the kisses. I felt so helpless and like such a bad mother because there were days I just couldn’t make my little girl laugh. There were moments that Molly was so uncomfortable and frustrated that she would just squeeze anything close by (my face or poor Maybel’s fur or jowls) and kick her legs. For those of you that know our dog, Maybel, you will probably guess she took it like a trooper, offering kisses for comfort to poor Molly.

Oh, and I can’t forget the screaming crying fit when she refused to let me hold her, she always wants her Momma when she’s sick or hurt, but this time she just kept pushing me away. After about 20 minutes of this she finally reached out for me and let me give her a bottle and snuggle her, holding her never felt so good.

Well I am so happy to say that our little girl is once again her sassy, silly and happy self. She is healthy and the teething has stopped . . . for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Molly! Now her smile just got more beautiful...12 shiny teeth. Glad the ordeal has come to an end.

The Salzmann Family