She responds well to her tylenol and motrin so we know it's nothing too serious but we checked for infections, ear and urine. There were more screams and holding her down which is never fun. Also seeing your girl get catheterized is a wholly unpleasant experience.
And all of this on the eve on her first birthday (plus one month) party! She toughed it out and we had some people over to celebrate her 13 month b-day. Marie and I had been up since 4 and were unshowered and tired so the pictures are minimal and not great. Molly so far doesn't like sweets. I can't relate to this. We were hoping for the classic "smash the cake all over your face" moment but she didn't really care much. Maybe because Marie baked a low sugar banana cake. In general she doesn't seem to like anything sweet although she hasn't gotten much exposure. We are keeping her away from refined sugars and that stuff.
I am simply too tired to deal with posting any video and she is keeping us so busy I have no real great pictures to share. Somehow life at home is so much busier than we were in China. I guess trying to have a life gets in the way.
It is my mission is get some good pics in the next few days.
Marie did grab one stealth picture of Molly standing on her own. She used Dudley to get herself up and then stood for a long time on her own power. She loves it and took a few more tentative steps to Daddy last night. We're so close to walking.
For some truly great pictures go see this blog: http://web.mac.com/bradtuckman/iWeb/maya%20tuckman/Welcome.html
Maya shares the same birthday as Molly so Brad & Shona have become our new-parent friends. Maya has been having a tough time of it and it makes us appreciate Molly's good health even more. This fever is simple and will pass, so will Maya's trouble but we are so glad that nothing was in the way of our early days bonding.
4 comments:
We hope Molly feels better soon. I don't blame Marie for not letting you bring the camera to the emergency room. She's been a great sport and we're all grateful. Julie and Glenn in SF group 117
it is a weird adjustment coming home, isn't it. it's both good and bad in ways.
hope you are all well rested soon and molly's fever disappears!
jeff and erika
poor baby!
those shots can cause high fevers...our first daughter, after getting 4 shots at 13mos. raged over a 103 fever...and every single time in the year follwoing when she got shots, she would burn up hours later...and her legs would be on fire! I kept her on a continual dose of motrin then tylenol until it broke.. it took me a year or 2 to determine which shot was the culprit of the fevers for Catie, and it was the DTP one...
Meigan, #2, never reacted that way to shots..no fevers, or anything
when I knew the girls were going to get shots, I'd give them a good dose of Motrin before we went to the Ped..it helped a bit..
now you know what to expect for the next round of shots..
Kristin up in Marin County
Norman's G93
www.our2maominggirls.blogspot.com
Hi guys,
Hope Molly is feeling better now.
She is a good sport. Melissa had the same bruse from the blood drawn.
This picture capture such a Great Moment. Thanks for sharing
hr
Post a Comment