According to Molly, we are the worst parents in the world right now. We took her to see her doctor yesterday and boy was she not happy when she got four, count 'em - 4 - shots! I think at the end of the day it was harder on Mom than on Molly. To top it off she had to go to another office to have blood drawn! Look at the bruise it left behind. Yikes!
What I need to get on video is her first steps. She has had several tries at walking and has made a few preliminary steps on her own. She is so proud of herself when she does it. She only does it when she's in the mood however and that's never when the camera is on her.
We had another amazing sleep through the night last night but if the pattern continues then tonight should be awful. Many of the parents we traveled with are having sleep issues. Welcome to parenthood I say. For better or worse this is what we all wanted and waited for for so long. I'm not about to hold it against Molly if she just wants to stay up and play more at night instead of going to sleep. Heck, who wants to do that? (well, I do for one. I can safely speak for Marie too on this topic) That's the good news - she doesn't cry, she only wants the play and be with us. Time for the tough love I guess. But I'm not working yet so I have the time to give.
Look at me standing!
My first trip to the farmer's market. Turns out I love nectarines!
5 comments:
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Children is a must read sleep book..by Marc Weissbluth...it's the sleep bible for this house!!
When we brought our 2nd daughter Meigan home in 04 (with Norman), our then 4yrs. old who came back to China with us, was sleeping all day, and up by 1am...it was brutal...she'd fall asleep in the grocery cart at Safeway, and we were wrecked...Meigan was 13ms. old, and she got over her jetlag like a champ..it was harder with our older daughter...
that being said, jetlag flew by me, as I was up constantly for days, then one good crash and burn session by me, and I was good as new!
at least you got your blood draw done right away..those are just horrible...I hated doing them for each of my girls...it was not fun either time...but it's amazing how they stop crying almost the second it's over...and luckily they don't remember!
Molly is just beautiful...Enjoy this new time getting to know her...it goes by really fast...
my oldest (home in Aug. 01) just turned 7, will be starting 2nd grade..and Meigan (home in Aug 04) just turned 4...
Kristin
Norman's G93
www.our2maominggirls.blogspot.com
she is just the cutest....everytime I see an updated post, I think she gets cuter!!
and owwwie on that bruise...i do the same thing when they draw blood from me too, so I can feel for Ms. Molly!!
Oh poor momma! I don't blame you one second for getting upset. I'm dreading the doctor visit where I'm supposed to be the strong one. How will I pull that off?
She truly does get more and more beautiful every day....
I have been following your blog since you were in China. Molly is adorable :) Poor baby, I hope she has recovered from her doctors visit!
I THINK MARIE IS THE BEST MOMMY EVER!! It was amazing how quickly she calmed little Molly down after the shots. The shots made me cry. Oh Molly is so adorable and you all seem so good together!
As a dog lover and dog mommy, I was thrilled to see Molly cuddlig up to Maybel too!
Thanks again for sharing, Eric. You are helping to carry us through this wait.
Post a Comment